Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Today we'll make...

...Pizza Pockets!


You'll need :

3 1/2 cups of flour
1 t salt
2 sticks melted butter
1 cup yogurt
Stir these together.


1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1/2 t garlic powder
1 1/2 t oregano
1 1/2 t basil

Simmer together on the stove for a few minutes. 

You can use your choice of filling ingredients - ground beef, pepperoni, olives, cheese, etc.




I used *fresh* ground beef.  It was our first time using the meat grinder and it was a success!  A little different than store bought though.  I really only ground my own to use up some stew beef we had in the freezer - my whole family is sick of soup!

Now, roll out small 2-3 in balls of dough into a circle, top with sauce and other toppings, fold and seal.
Bake @ 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. 

This is another Heavenly Homemakers recipe!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!
    I want to go to Wal*Mart today and buy that stuff to make it!!

    ReplyDelete