Monday, February 14, 2011

Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins




2/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6 eggs
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup coconut oil or butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
2. In a large bowl combine eggs, honey, coconut oil and vanilla and blend well with a hand mixer.
3. Mix dry ingredients into wet, blending with a hand mixer.
4. Gently fold in blueberries.
5. Place batter in paper lined muffin tins.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. For Mini Muffins, 10-15 min.


Makes 12 muffins, 30 mini

By experimentation, I have found that coconut flour in recipes make things very dry, hence the six eggs. Also, the batter doesn't rise very much, so it looks the same coming out as it did going in. I used melted butter instead of coconut oil as well. Enjoy, and Happy Baking!



Oh, I almost forgot......









4 comments:

  1. Hi Julia! I just wanted to let you know that, you don't have to be apart of my modest fashion week to enter any of the giveaways. =) So your entries count.

    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girls, or J.E.,

    I will have to try this recipe, because my dad is allergic to gluten, so he would be guilt free if he ate these gluten free muffins!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Mylena

    ReplyDelete